Visa & Consular

Emergency Travel Documents


Consular Services

 4.1 Emergency Travel Documents 

 An Emergency Travel Document (ETD) is issued to a Ugandan who lost his/her passports or whose passport expired but urgently needs to travel to Uganda. It is a one-way travel document, and expires upon arrival at the point of entry to Uganda. You must be ready to apply for a new passport in Uganda before traveling outside the country. Applicants for ETD must prove beyond doubt that they are Ugandan citizens. The following are the requirements:

Regulations Governing Importation of Dogs and Cats into Uganda

1.     Movement Permit

An official and authentic "Movement Permit" should be obtained from the veterinary authority of the area of origin.

2.    Certificates 

A bill of health certifying that the pet is free from disease. It should be issued by a registered veterinary surgeon or official and should be properly signed and stamped within ten days of shipment.

ATTESTATION OF DOCUMENTS (academic, birth certificates, marriage certificates, legal documents, etc)


a)      The original document whose copy needs to be attested

b)      A copy of the original document bearing the original stamp of the issuing institution/UNEB/Minnistry of Education and Sports and the Ministry of  Foreign Affairs of Uganda

c)      A copy of the bio data page of a valid passport

d)      The original and a copy of a valid residence ID

e)      Pay at Qatar National Bank US$30.00 per document to be attested. Only bank receipts are accepted at the Embassy.